1. Internews (Arcata, CA, and around the world): Internews is an international non-profit organization, with its headquarters in Arcata, whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
2. Fortuna High's Act Global Club: This student-led organization is dedication to education and action about issues of global significance.
3. Roshni Center for Women: Founded and led by Humboldt County resident Rabia O'Loren, this organization funds economic and educational opportunities for women in rural, northern Pakistan. Rabia hosts countless fundraising opportunities in the Humboldt County community, and she frequently connects Pakistani young women to high school students in a pen pal exchange.
For the last 12 years, I've been on a journey to transform my high school classroom into one that embodies global citizenship. This blog serves as a resource guide for teachers and educational leaders who also understand the importance of global education and are on the same journey. Use this guide by exploring the categories below. I can be contacted at email@example.com. Cheers, Tara Nuth Kajtaniak
- Rationale for Global Education
- Globalizing the Standards
- Assessing Global Competency
- Digital Tools for the Global Classroom
- Global PBL (Project-Based Learning)
- Cross-Cultural Blog Exchange Unit Plan
- Online Resources for Global Education
- Global PD
- Sample Global Lesson Plans for the English Classroom
- Sample 10th Grade Global Studies Unit
- Humboldt County Global Resources
- Philippines Travel Blog
- Humboldt Global Youth Summit 2018
Humboldt County Global Resources
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
"I'm really impressed with the quality of content on the Humboldt County Global Resources blog. troypoint The articles are well-written and informative, and the blog is always up-to-date with the latest news and trends. Keep up the great work!"ReplyDelete